Falzon’s Butcher first opened its doors in 1942 and was operated by the current owner’s grandfather, Ganni Falzon (nicknamed Ganni Ta L Ajru). It started as a very small shop located on College Street, Rabat and later moved to larger premises next door, where it remains today.
When Ganni passed away in 1974, the running of the shop was taken over by his widow, Mari and her then 14-year-old son Pawlu. He later took over the day to day running of the shop.
When Pawlu’s son Sandro, left school, he began working in
the shop alongside, and under the guidance of his father.
Pawlu retired in 2013, after working in the butcher for more
than 55 years, the shop was passed to his son, Sandro, who has refurbished the
premises to meet today’s current standards.
Today, the butcher specializes in fresh local and imported beef, pork, poultry, and marinated products. We are renowned for our Maltese sausages and home-made beef burgers. We offer great customer service and a fast home delivery service.